Tuesday, July 02, 2013

*◇*Mentor: Trinity Frequency *◇*


  What Is a mentor?A individual who helps another sharpen the talents, or inspire them to become better then they are now.   When I first started photography in second life and, because I thought I had a lot of great knowledge of photoshop , I always considered my work good. I have gotten great compliments and feedbacks from many of my clients and customers about my work. I have been doing pictures for about three years as I said before in earlier posts. All of my family and friends think that my work is great. I always felt a little frustration when someone critiqued my work it used to make me uncomfortable. I always knew that I needed more work, I'd practice and practice my talent.
Even though I've been doing pictures and working with editing programs such as Adobe Photoshop, there are even some techniques and a lot of fundamentals I never thought about using, or knew of. Photo-filters, swatches, tools, and basic things I needed to know. As I stated in posts before I used to think that I was very good at what I did, and even those who support and love me thought .. there was always room to improve. Even though this is Second Life its, also good to apply to real life too. Since I've joined my Sorority; Delta Eta Rho, my Founders CandyNowles and Rhayne Siverfall gave me a opportunity to enhance my craft, and gave me a Mentor. Even though I was very open to the suggestion I was very ify about the idea.  
 An outstanding Photographer Trinity Frequency (Ceo of Expressions Inc.)was asked to be my mentor by my sorority Founders/Sisters CandyNowles and Rhayne Siverfall. They believed my work was good but, it needed to be more polished and sharpened .At first I thought well dang is my work that bad that I have to get a tutor or someone to tell me I wasn't good enough? I was given a mentor to teach me the fundamentals and basics of a great picture. Mr. Frequency hasn't been my mentor that long but I have seen major improvements in my work, as well as learning new effects for images,texts and knowing how to produce an image that looks amazing. He is a great teacher and has all faith in my talent, and continues to push and push until I am a successful Photographer in Second life.
  Thursday June 27th,2013, My mentor took me to see his photography studios, it was very inspiring to see. The layout of each studio was very symmetrical, the images of his work were displayed in such a professional way. Some of the images seemed to be popping off the walls. The alignment of each frame, to the next was simply infatuating. This trip gave me great insight of how far I see myself with my SL photography, from 2010 to now my photography has gotten stronger and very much cleaner. It also gave me a hunger to want to be a well known photographer that everyone would go to or maybe some top fashion designers, or maybe work for a really popular magazine on the Second Life Grid. He gave me a lot to think about. Each image that I create for a client or customer is given to them in a timely manner, and in a great  quality for a low price. My mentor says that I should up my prices a bit, its time, and creativity and I should get paid for it, I do agree but as of now the prices haven't changed, but I am certainly going to make a few minor adjustments to the pricing board.
 I am very thankful and look forward to every homework assignment I am given from my mentor/teacher. It's going to be a creative journey and my loyal readers, friends, family and supporters will be able to read all about it here at Pearlistic Dimensions!!! 


This Is the Site that my mentor has! All you have to do is register :D make you a profile, you can express poetry, post images, use it as a blog. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment